Saturday, December 25, 2010

Small miracles this Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas to all my friends, family and readers! With all the hustle and bustle of the last few weeks there have been little miracles and special "things" that have been happening...some of which are very unexplained and some that are very real!

I first want to say that this year has been very humbling for me. Not only did I have to put my hands up in the air and fall to my knees and ask for help and guidance with what to do and how to do it with Kenny, but also trusting God that He is in charge and we are to follow what He wants of us....perfect example...the Home Makeover. We were thisclose...I mean, we really thought we had a chance..and we did (as we will next year), but we chose to help the family that did get it...and you know what? It felt great! I am OK with the way things turned out. The same goes for Kenny. I was so worried about if he should get a feeding tube...and it turned out just what he needed. He is now even starting to eat.

One of the small miracles I mentioned above is the fact that tonight...and the last couple of days, he's been eating more solids. Tonight he had stuffing and small bites of turkey! To me...well, to us, it is a blessing, a miracle!

We had a wonderful time at my brother and sister in laws house for Christmas Eve. It was very relaxed with great food and amazing family! The little ones were all playing...and it was just so nice. My kids look forward to Christmas Eve at their Auntie and Uncles house to see their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Its what memories are made of.
Before the family get together we went to church. Of course its the most crowded that the church has been since...well...Easter *haha*. So many faces that I didn't recognise *and that's because this is probably the one and only time during the year that they went to church*. There, Kayleigh and Sydnie were angels in the nativity play they did and Tony served as alter boy. Kenny was actually perfect there as well. No meltdowns or anything! I consider this yet another miracle.
Then, on the way to our family get together, we encountered several streetlights that decided to go on and off just at the moment we would get under them. This has been going on for me ever since my brother passed away...but tonight, it was just so much!
And finally, If you all remember me talking about having the urge to look at a digital clock at precisely 11:11 or 1:11...well, I really feel that it means something more than just habit or whatnot...It has started happening with my kids and husband now...a lot!
So anyhow, these are my miracles and special things.
May you all have a wonderful Christmas day.
Until tomorrow....good night!

No comments: