Friday, September 2, 2011

My niece is married...oh what a party it was!



Nothing better than a long weekend wedding with a huge family! Yep, my niece got married to the love of her life on August 12th. I cant believe that not to long ago, we were taking her to go see The Little Mermaid at the theater and making her communion headpiece...and now, I had the honor or making her bridal headpiece. She is all grown up, beautiful and married! After a year of planning, everything fell into place and was simply beautiful! My twin sister and her family came in. My parents, who came in from Arizona...and whom I haven't seen in 4 very long years, looked the best they've looked in years (who would think they are both in their 70's...try late 50's!!!) Gosh I really missed my parents, sister & her family and my uncle and cousins!













My sister & her husband (parents of the bride) looks AMAZING! Her dress was stunning and brought me back to when I was little and she was going to prom...or was it homecoming...well, whichever it was...the color she picked out for her dress was perfect for her! They were radiating happiness!

Kenny and Gina were the Flower Girl and Ring Bearer. How did they do? ummm..well...pretty good for having stage fright! They did fine at the rehearsal, but when they saw all the people sitting on both sides of the isle...they both wanted to hold my hand and wouldn't walk down the isle without me.But they did walk down! tee hee


My niece looked like a beautiful princess walking down the isle. Yeah...I have to admit that I had flashbacks of when she was little, and it brought a few tears to my eyes. OK...OK...I cried like a big baby when I saw her in the back room of the church...with her veil and gown on...I mean....I just make her communion veil a few years back...and now she is all grown up and getting married! Where does the time go? I'll tell you one thing...our family knows how to party through the weekend! My uncle and cousins whom I haven't seen in...oh gosh...15+ years came and it was like we never missed a beat! There was tons of dancing by all...my parents (who are in their 70's) were dancing up a storm much of the night!

The cake was beautiful...Tony and I walked the kids onto the dance floor when they announced the bridal party...Look at my handsome guy...The father/daughter dance again...brought tears to our eyes. My husband even got choked up during this...It was because he


It was so nice to just get away from the every day life we live. One thing that I didn't care for was all the packing of all the medical equipment/medicines, etc...that we had to bring. I didn't realize how much stuff we actually use for Kenny. And also the consumption of time that Kenny takes up. I barely had a chance to talk to family because I was so busy running around after him.

The only thing I wish I would have done was taken a family picture of all my kids and husband. We all, believe it or not, cleaned up pretty well that night! tee hee.


What a great weekend! I am so blessed to have an amazing and large family!

No comments: