Thursday, November 8, 2012

Kenny has adopted a little buddy...

Kenny has adopted a baby. He was carrying around his older sisters American Girl doll (or rather, Generation Doll) and while at a school function, a very sweet schoolmate of my girls offered her American Girl twins (a boy and a girl). She gave them to him last week and he hasn't parted with this little guy since. I even added a G-tube to him and made a backpack to "hold his feeding tube stuff...like Kenny has. He takes him everywhere...doctor appointments, to school, the store, to bed...he holds him, feeds him, gets a diaper changed when he gets his changed...and when he gets his feeds, meds and breathing treatments, the baby also gets them. I never thought my little guy would be able to relate to a doll or even know what to do with one. The way he looks at this doll is total love. He loves being a "daddy" to a little baby boy with the same issues as him! He has hit that next level of developmental play and I love it. I am going to be getting/making hearing aids for him next! I am in awe of how far Kenny has come from that one and a half pound, half baked little guy that beat the odds!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Zach had his Buddy!!! GREAT JOB!!! praying and sending my love