Monday, April 25, 2011

Busy start to spring

Easter came up so quickly that I barely had time to prepare for it! For the past 7 weeks (Lent), I have made cupcakes (250+ each week) to sell at the bake sale at the school (that the kids go to) fish fry. Every Wednesday, I'd go and get all the stuff I needed to make the many different kinds of cupcakes/muffins. Thursdays were my baking days and Fridays were my frosting and decorating mornings...then delivered them when we (or my husband...depending on if Kenny was sick) went to work at the fish fry.

(These are double chocolate with a chocolate mousse filling) yellow funfetti type cupcakes with buttercream and strawberry frosting...






This was one weeks worth...red velvet, cheesecake, apple/banana, funfetti type and chocolate brownie with truffle topping... Mini cheesecakes (from scratch)...
Apple/banana with crumb & buttercream topping (yes...all from scratch)







So this weeks was the first week that I didn't have to make them. It felt like something was missing from my daily routine...but instead, I worked on t-shirts for the March of Dimes walk that was this past Sunday! Here is the t-shirt design which I transferred onto t-shirts...The back was this...

And here is the invitation that I made for Kenny's (and Nicks r.i.p.) 4th birthday party (notice the angel ;)...


Kenny's birthday party is also on the same day as Sydnie's (my 7 yr. old) Communion. I figured lets kill 2 birds with one stone (so to speak)!

We are getting ready for Sydnie's First Holy Communion (and party) Saturday. She has been so excited about this big day, that she is even telling everyone that instead of money, she would like a bible, books on saints and stuff along those lines. Yes, leave it to my Sydnie, the one who got all of the smarts in the math department. She loves to just sit and figure out math problems for the fun of it...along with reading. She will be an amazing adult with intelligence and compassion...along with a great religious belief! She will be reading a petition (in the catholic church...petitions are read to pray for different people and situations.) so she has been practicing her readings...well...heehee...religiously.

So needless to say, I've been cleaning like mad (this type of cleaning is more deep cleaning...it involves scrubbing walls, fixing up the house...that kind of stuff). With a house full of kids who loves to just throw their stuff wherever and whenever they want...its been a task. One that I am losing the battle on. So most of this "cleaning" will have to be done either on Thursday evening or Friday...along with the cooking and baking! Yes...I am attempting to bake cupcakes.


Not only are we celebrating Syd's Communion...we are also celebrating Kenny's 4th birthday! So this should be a very nice family get-together!

Here is the headpiece I made for her...


No comments: