Sunday, May 11, 2014

You never forget..

There are a few things in life that is never forgotten...
A first kiss, a first love...the first time you meet your significant other. A wedding day, and even the birth of a child...in my case, all eight. Yesterday I had another one of "these firsts" to remember forever...my sons 7th birthday party. You may ask why a seventh birthday? I mean, it seems like such an  insignificant of a year...a seventh birthday. Well, yesterday, I had the honor of witnessing a little boy, my son, show the emotions of joy, excitement, and pure happiness in knowing it was his birthday party. I have waited seven years for Kenny to acknowledge his birthday, know what presents were all about and even eat a piece of his cake...and yesterday...the wait was over! 
Kenny holding his candles...
Counting candles on the cake...
Trying his hardest to blow out the candles with his big cousin...
Opening his gifts...
He loves everything cars...

Clapping...

 We finally had room to move around without being over crowded in only three small rooms! We had family and friends over...it was just perfect. 
And here's another first...my daughter and her "friend" were sitting next to each other on the couch when her big cousin decided to sit between them and kid around with them. Did I mention...I love my older nephew and nieces...especially when they look out for their little cousins ;)
Tons of food which included eggplant Parmesan, chicken, ham, sausage and sourkraut, roasted veggies and salad. 
Then, to top the day off, while my oldest son was at a baseball tournament all day, I received a bouquet of 24 roses and chocolate that he sent me for Mother's Day.
 I had so much fun planning and cooking for the party! I am so happy that Kenny knew the day was for him...it just melted my heart.
To all of our friends and family who came yesterday...THANK YOU for making Kenny smile!!! Thank you for being part of our lives...THANK YOU!
With each birthday we celebrated for him, I longed to see him comprehend what all the hoopla was all about. 
Yesterday was his day. And his angel twin, Nick was smiling down from Heaven!

Today is Mother's Day...it is also another day I will never forget...the day I buried my son. Seven years ago today...the Eleventh of May. Some firsts are easy and some are hard.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all my family and friends who are moms. May God grace you all with many blessings and love today. For those who have lost a pregnancy or child...may today be gentle on you.



















No comments: