Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cupcakes!!!

So I forgot to post these cute little cupcakes I made for a friends child's birthday party! I was trying to figure out how I was going to make muppet characters on cupcakes...I've made cupcakes, but Muppet ones were a new one. I vowed not to let him down. I put off frosting the cupcakes for as long as I could, but it eventually came down to the wire and they were picking up Saturday morning...it was Friday evening! I had to get my procrastinating butt moving!!! 
It took lots of buttercream frosting along with large candy dots, frosting coloring and edible ink markers...oh...and help from Pinterest...

So...cookie monster was the first one...yeah, yeah...I know...he's not a muppet, but...in my eyes, anything Sesame Street is considered "muppet material"
Next came Elmo...
Kermit and Animal were last...
I used this picture of Kermit to go by...
For Cookie Monster, I made his fur with frosting, leaving an opening for his mouth...but something was still missing...
A cookie! 
They turned out pretty good! So now, I can add character cupcakes to my cupcake list!!! 

No comments: