Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful to Shutterfly Thursday

I am taking a break from the "Kenny in the hospital" posts to just take a moment and think about the time of year it is. Now that Halloween is over, its all about the Holidays...you know, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah...etc... This is my FAVORITE time of year...I love the traditions...We have a huge Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner here at the Tomecko house...Turkey, sweet potatoes, and all the veggies and desserts...love it! Then there are the gatherings. This is the time of year that we see family that we haven't seen all year because of how busy and hectic life is. There are the decorations, music, shows...and cards. By the time Christmas is over, my walls and doorways are loaded with Christmas cards! We usually take our family picture...well, I usually set the kids up...make a big production of the whole "Christmas Picture taking time" LOL. It used to be, where they all wore something Christmasy...we have graduated to just matching...or at least close to matching. We've used Shutterfly for all of our pictures/cards since Kenny and Nick were born. I used their 4x8 photo card for a thank you/birth announcement when they were born...it was great because the one design I used, let me use 8 pictures of them, so I started off with the first Kenny then of both of my twins, one of Nick and then went in progression as Kenny got stronger and bigger and then finally came home from the hospital. I was able to show everyone who never saw Nick, what he looked like. I got to show my family and friends that yes, we did indeed have twins. How small they were and how big and strong Kenny had gotten since their birth. It was so nice to have been able to show everyone and to thank them all at the same time!
We have since then, taken pictures of the kids (like I said above) for Christmas pictures...and let me tell you...the new line of picture cards that they came out with this year...I am going to have a hard time deciding which one to pick. So you all might be getting a few from us this year...LOL!
If any of you want to see what I'm talking about, here are some links to many different kings of cards... Christmas cards, Holiday invitations, one of my new and favorites that...ah-hem...many of you will probably be getting this year from me because you all know how much I love to write about us...the new Holiday story cards (I am really excited about these)! There is so much on this site to use...LOVE IT!
So anyhow...I just want you all to know that no matter what is going on in your lives, take a few minutes out of your day...be thankful for something, even when you don't think there is much to be thankful for...there really is. Look back at pictures, send a photo card (or story card) to show your family, friends and acquaintances what you have to be thankful for this holiday season. I know with everything that has been going on here, with Kenny, that it has been very hard...but if we keep positive, don't look to much into the future, and just find good in everything...that things don't look as bleak! Remember...I LOVE getting and giving Christmas cards *wink wink*!
Oh...and this would also be perfect for you preemie parents out there! I'm sure the NICU would love to get and see the progression of your little miracle from the NICU stay to now!

No comments: