Saturday, July 5, 2014

To my sweet and beautiful daughter...

 
Fifteen years ago I gave birth to my first daughter. I already had a son, so this was all new territory we were about to experience. The beginning was very rocky. You were a very sick newborn. Your lungs weren't fully developed and within a month, you were in the hospital with issues of apnea and bradycardia episodes. You turned a lovely and scary shade of blue at one point and it was determined you had pneumonia. How was I going to handle losing my first daughter, I thought to myself. I am so grateful to God that I never had to find out! Fifteen years later, you have filled my heart and life with happiness and love. I love the fact that we can talk about just about everything. We laugh at the funny things that happen, cry at the sad, and are making memories that I was always hoping I would make with my daughter! I am so proud of you and love you beyond belief. Just keep a clear head with everything life throws your way. Try your hardest to succeed in everything you do...but don't beat yourself up if something doesn't work out. Everything you do in life is a lesson learned...good and bad...so enjoy every minute of it...but try not to grow up too fast because before you know it, you'll be a grown up sometimes wishing you were still younger. teehee.
 I cannot wait to see what the next fifteen years brings to your life. I wish you much success, happiness, friendships, good health and love...my beautiful first daughter. Happy 15th Birthday Taylor!


No comments: