Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1st...6 years ago

...6 years ago I was laying in my hospital bed crying because I was only 22 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I knew something was happening with my body even though there were no contractions showing up on the monitor. The nicu doctor came in and told me all the statistics of a micro preemie...the odds were really against them...in all aspects. My hormones were all wacky and I just had a feeling that I was going into labor. The doctor told me that if I went into labor that night, they would only give comfort care...but if I held off till the next day, they would try everything we'd want them to do to save them. that night, i remember feeling them move all around inside of me...kenny on my right and nick in my ribs on my left. i told them that i loved them very much and to PLEASE stay put for awhile longer. i prayed to God to help protect them. i fell asleep holding my belly like i was hugging my babies. at least while they were in my womb, i was protecting them. to be continued...

No comments: