Sunday, March 15, 2009

So much to do, so little time

This week has come and gone...where does the time go? I have been very persistent with Kenny and his hearing aids...yay me! I vowed that he WILL get used to wearing them...and...as long as I am either holding him and keeping him busy OR sitting and playing with him, all is good...the minute I turn my back on him...to change Gina's diaper, get something for Kayleigh...oh...go to the bathroom...out they come. Very, very irritating, but I will keep at it and he will get used to them! I can just see how much more alert he is with them in. He turns his head at every sound and also notices the TV... it's so neat to see that he is finally understanding sounds around him. Now maybe duct tape would work! LOL! juuuuuuust kidding. Here is him with the cord to keep them attached if he DOES pull them off...
My neighbor is in the hospital and so is my husbands uncle. Both can use tons of prayers. Way too many bad things happening to the family and friends lately. Tony's uncle is also his God father...and we share our wedding anniversary with him and his wife. While my neighbor is in there, we had a very bad rain/wind storm....well it took down a tree in the back...the ground must have been soaked for such a big tree to come down...luckily no one was near it.
It missed my neighbor's swing by literally an inch! Jerry sits there with his beer and just relaxes after a day of working in the yard. I am hoping he will be coming out of the hospital soon, and be back to his old self again. My kids love him. He always takes the kids for tractor rides in the summer. He is a great guy. Here is a picture of the flower arrangement holder "a vase" that we made for him....Lets see...oh...Gina is now scooting everywhere! She also said her first word...."hi"! I kid you not...it's not Mama or Dada...my 8th child's first word is "hi". ooooooh kay! LOL!! She loves her newly found freedom of walking in her walker, sitting up and scooting...I love this age!

Tony had his last Cub Scout doing...the Pinewood Derby...his car kept coming in 4th...better than not finishing at all! It brought tears to my eyes knowing that my oldest son, my 1st born, is no longer considered a "kid"...he is going to be a Boy Scout next month...I am sad and happy for him at the same time!This is Tony holding Kenny while they were watching the races...my boys...gotta love them!

My nephew had his 11th birthday party on Saturday. Tony and Dominic are as close as brothers! I love the smiles on these two guys!

These updates are small because I am getting some sort of chest cold again. Seems like this whole winter has been nothing but sicknesses...I cant wait for the weather to start to get warmer so I can open all the windows and let the sick germs go bye-bye. We are still waiting to do the application video for EMHE. We are hoping that we can get it going THIS weekend..but we will see. It's always one thing or another...I hate not being able to get something done that is very important for us.

I think I am going to end this post early because of just being tired and sick...but here are some pictures of Kenny and my Kayleigh that I took today!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Michele,

I think the world of you for all you are doing for Kenny. I know it is so difficult because I have lived it. If you havent read my story and how my mother coped with my disease then please check it out. The link is

http://fortthompson.blogspot.com/2009/02/angels-and-miracles.html

You will see how my mom stuck with everything she had to do to me even though it was extremly difficult and often painful. She did it to save my life, and provide for me a future. I see you doing the same for Kenny and it is SOOOOOO commendable. Not many people have your strength. Keep doind all you can do and give in to NOTHING! He might not understand all the benefits now, but as he gets older he will not only understand what you have done, but also what you havent. Fortuneatly he will neve have to think about the later.

My prayers are so with you and your entire family. If you ever need anything please let me know. I am so blessed that God put you in my life.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Tim said...

Michele,

Thanks so much for the nice comments. They dont always come to me that way. Ever since i started monthly miracles and now the prayer soldiers button, it seems as though many non beleivers have come out of the woodwork to give their critisism. I make NO apologies for my faith however, nor should they. I respect everyones beliefs no matter what they be and I will not ever have anything disrespectful to say about it. The bible talks about the persecution we will face as we witness and profess our faith.

So that we may boldy say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Hebrews 13:6

I hope you have a great weekend as well!

Love and Prayers,

Tim