Monday, March 7, 2016

Kennys speech therapy is paying off (videos in post)

We are finally seeing and hearing some substantial words and signs from our little guy!
This morning when I woke him up for school, I didn't have to say a word. I tried something different...I used some signs and he signed back to me...I'm sure he felt very connected to me as I did to him at the time. 
I wanted to show a few different videos that I took of him this weekend.
The first one was one that he was sitting at my desk and turned on you tube (I have it in my favorites for him). I was wondering what he was doing in there...there was a whole lot of babbling going on...so I got my phone out and snuck up on him...and this is what I got:
And the second one...where he is actually saying "mom...purple farm".
The only reason why we started putting the two words together is because he was showing me an animal cracker...he signed the words cracker and dog (when the cracker was a horse)...and then said...as clear as day...farm...along with the sign for it (which is like a farmer wiping his chin)...Kenny does many signs with his own twist to them! 
I am especially proud of him because he is finally using an end sound...and for him...its been very slow to learn!
So...with this post I want to shout out to Kenny's teacher and speech therapists at his elementary school
and at the hospital where he goes! They have done so much with him. Much more than I could have ever imagined...and for that, I am beyond grateful and my heart full of love for everyone that is working with Kenny!

 

No comments: