Thursday, September 17, 2015

Cold season is upon us...with a seizure (video)

...and sure enough, kenny was home today with a runny nose and slight fever. Playing all day with his cars and iPad, I was sure he was going to get through this with no seizures....i was wrong.
He came over to me and put his arm around my neck and held my hand with his other. He was just staring with his mouth open at me. I asked him if he was ok...no answer. I wasked him if he was having a seizure and he shook his head "yes". From there, he just was in another world. Staring. I video taped him because his neurologist wanted to see exactly what he did during these seizures that are far different than the grand mal ones he was having before. He was staring and out of it for a good 4.5 minutes...I just started taping when my husband grabbed Kenny to hold him...realizing it was the perfect time to show the doctor what we were seeing. He's ok now, but I will be up all night making sure he's ok. I really hate this time of year for the fact of knowing that spring and fall is when he gets sick the most and when his seizures happen he most.

Keep in mind, when it looks like he is looking at someone...hes not. He tends to stare to the right...which is what he was doing. You can see the moment he snaps out of it towards the end. This was a longer seizure than most, with this type of seizure so I went to get the Diastat and handed the camera to my niece. He came out of it when I was getting ready to give it to him at the 5 minute mark. Im so glad (if i can even say it) that he had this type instead if the full grand mal. They are still really scary, but are able keep him comfortable through...

No comments: