If he starts screaming and crying because he didn't shut the front door...do I let him cry for an hour or longer or just let him shut the freaking front door? I am seeing how this can and will turn into bigger issues when he becomes a teen (remember, I have teens now...and well...The pattern is forming unfortunately). So...The World's Worst Mother Award goes to...ME!. I'm too caring and diligent. Wanting to keep peace and harmony in the house all the while teaching my kids that it's ok to throw a tantrum to get what you want. I want to help my kids and be there for them. But I need to let go, say "no" more often...let them get mad at me and yes, throw a tantrum...all with a smile on my face and the hairs on my head turning gray. I better up those anxiety meds stat.
So....I'll take a diamond encrusted gold crown with this award...thankyouverymuch!
Ok, enough of my self are pity party, here's an update on life at the Tomecko house...
1) We moved into a big and perfect (for us) foreclosure (and it was not expensive at all). All the hard work that hubby and I...and yes, even the kids did with paying our debt down and foregoing on vacations and shopping at thrift stores...we got our credit scores high and were able to get the house that was perfect. We're still trying to figure out why it was sitting for so long without a buyer. So I guess everything does happen for a reason....even though I despise this saying passionately! I mean, all that hoping for Extreme Makeover Home Edition to help us...and the disappointment when we helped instead of being chosen...to come down to finding this diamond in the rough...at the right place (down the street from the police dept, rec center, city hall and fire dept. and around the corner from the good schools for the kids for next year) at the right time (see above about working hard to pay off bills). It also helped that we had awesome realtors fighting for us, and many of our family/friends praying for us. It makes us feel good to know that we actually made it happen!
2) Kenny had a seizure a few Sundays ago. He was fighting a fever when it happened. It wasnt a full body seizure but one where his eyes went from side to side really fast, grabbed my arm and just started staring...it lasted for about 5 minutes. Five long minutes. We had the ambulance come because ...well...that's what his doctors told us to do, and we went to the emergency room...where we waited for 3 hours. By that time, his fever broke and he was feeling much better.
We went for a checkup last week and we are raising his seizure medicine dose and I'm to video tape his seizure if he has another one. Ugh.
We are still fighting diarrhea with him as well, so they're testing him for celiac disease...
We also went for a hearing test...and he is still at the moderate to severe level...which it is what it is.
We are really trying to figure out his speech issues and are trying to get him some help in theat dept. because the behavior specialist feels that the not being able to communicate is his biggest issue. He's feeling frustrated about not being able to talk and express himself and his wants/needs...yep...all going back to that mommy award...yay me.
3) I'm trying to get Kenny into summer day camp...but the prices are crazy outrageous! He would love something with horseback riding, and I honestly, need some down time.
4) Our oldest son, Tony is now on JV high school baseball...yay. He now wants his temps...boo. See the pattern...this momma doesn't want to admit defeat with the kids growing up. Hmmm.
5) Our family will be walking for The March of Dimes this Sunday. We didn't go nuts asking for donations or advertising it much because, well...I've been slightly busy with the kids and house...but yes, Team Tomecko will be walking...in honor of all our kids being born early and in memory of our angel, Nick. (I better get gong with our t-shirts)!
Life has been crazy trying to make this house feel like home. The kitchen has finally come together...and it's beautiful. Next is the yard and our vegetable garden.
To be honest, it still feels like we're staying at someone else's house...and yes, I do feel an urge to want to go home to our old house even though it was tiny and cramped...it was still our house for 19 years and I sort of (in a weird way) miss it very much, but don't tell my husband this...I just got us back into a 30 year mortgage...better get a move on with my cupcake/tshirt/headpieces businesses and maybe a roadside vegetable stand this summer! hmmmm...not a bad idea...(note to self...extra empty lot thats just sitting there....a big garden (or farm), kids that need to keep busy this summer and...hmmm....