Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcoming in October 2012

Finally, a fun filled weekend that kept all of us busy and tired out by Sunday night! Friday night was my son, Tony's homecoming game for his high school. Yeah...we lost, but the stands were filled with a great group of kids and their families rockin out to the marching band (yay...proud band mom moment) and the Dazzlers (marching bands dancers) and the beautiful cheerleaders (yay...proud auntie moment). They started off with the parade to the stadium then went into the game. The whole thing brought back memories of when I was in High School. Yikes, I'm that old!

We made sure we sat away from the band, even though I wanted to sit right by the drum section (again...yay, proud mom moment), I knew it would be a disaster with Kenny. He usually has major meltdown halfway through the game...so we tried something new...sit AWAY from the noise...and guess what? It worked! So anyhow, no...the school didn't win but it was so much fun anyhow. I tried to talk my son into going to the dance on Saturday, but he didn't want to go (until last minute, when he had second thoughts about wanting to go...and by that time, it was too late). Next year, he better get his butt in gear and goooooo!

Onto Saturday Morgan and Sydnie cheered for their schools football team really early in the morning...I stayed home with the little ones because they were still really tired and crabby. I got so much cleaning done...the laundry that was creating a mountain on my living room couch was finally bulldozed and put away and the yard was cleaned up. We had a relaxing evening watching Father Of The Bride (I want that house by the way), and that was that.

Sunday was a very fun. We really don't get out much as a family...doing something really fun. Yeah...we have the girls in cheer leading and Tony in the band, but I mean...other than something pertaining to school. So Tony and I decided that we were going pumpkin picking. Something we used to do when the older kids were smaller, but after Kenny, we just stopped doing everything. We packed up after church and went to McDonald's, got everyone breakfast and off we went! Red Wagon Farms, here we come!
 
 
 
Tons of pumpkins to choose from...
 
 
Don't you just love farm markets?!

My love, my partner in crime and I...
 
The hay maze and play area...very fun...except to a little boy with sensory overload
 


 
JAZZ HANDS...
 

 
Haunted Hay Ride!!!!
 
It was cheesy but very fun!
The group...we had a crabby kid (in purple) pouting...but we still took the pics!

9 people, 4 very large pumpkins, t big hay bales and 3 very large corn stalk groups = a very cramped and funny ride home...
Unloaded and putting together...you should see the hay all over the car...ewps...
My hubby (a.k.a...the best sign guy around) made vinyl numbers to put on the pumpkins...
 
Finished and it turned out exactly how we wanted it to...

And it at night...now, keep in mind, the two top windows have orange lights in the flower boxes and the two trees on the porch have them too...
 
And Finally...
 
In 1988, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed October as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month throughout the United States noting that, “National Observance of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month offers us the opportunity to increase our understanding of the great tragedy involved in the deaths of unborn and newborn babies. It also enables us to consider how, as individuals and communities, we can meet the needs of bereaved parents and family members on work to prevent causes of these problems….”
Subsequently, the resolution to declare October 15 Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day passed the United States House of Representatives on September 28, 2006. In honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, it is suggested by many bereavement groups that grieving parents light a candle at 7 p.m. in their respective time zones to create a wave of light around the world in memory of babies lost to pregnancy and infant loss.
So as a mommy of angels in heaven...both from infancy loss and from multiple miscarriages, I am and will always be a grieving mommy but stronger knowing that I have made it through the saddest, most horrible thing that as a woman...a mother could ever imagine...the loss of her child. I know I have my angels looking down and watching over us...but I really and truly miss my Nick and the pregnancies that I have lost. This is another reason why I loved Ronald Reagan as President! I will be lighting my candle on October 15 in remembrance of my babies...especially my Nicholas...please do the same!
 

No comments: