Saturday, March 31, 2012

Baking, baking and more baking!

This has been one heck of a lent season. In these last 6 weeks, Ive learned that I LOVE baking! Its time consuming but for that Thursday, after dropping the kids off at school, and I start baking...it make me feel more like a human being...a person who doesn't have to worry about breaking up fights between the kids, washing clothes...whatever. For that time, I am in my own little happy baking world (along with my little helper Gina and then when Kenny comes home...him too).
So here is some of what I do...what I've been doing every Thursday-Friday since Lent began for the last 2 years...
These are trays that we place on the bake sale table. Notice the tins on the right...those were filled with even more cupcakes that I made...

This tray had Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, more chocolate ones, chocolate chip cookie dough ones (they're the ones with the little chocolate chip cookies on top), I also made chocolate chip cupcakes
I made lemon squares with a rich topping consisting of Cool Whip, cream cheese, powdered sugar and a touch of vanilla. Topped with graham cracker crumbs.
Here are the chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes...The princess cupcakes One of the versions of Chocolate cheesecake with chocolate whipped topping, drizzled melted chocolate and a fresh raspberry...
Here are some with the chocolate whipped cream, chocolate drizzle and raspberry...
Triple chocolate brownies with a ganache drizzle topped with mini chocolate chips. A chocolate lovers delight...
Chocolate with a surprise of chocolate, white or mocha frosting hidden in the center...
Here are some of the past weeks bake sale cupcakes and bakery that I have made...

Pizzelles with powdered sugar...
These are some of the crumb cakes I've made...cherry, apple and there is a cinnamon one...I also have made chocolate whoopee pies!
And with any leftovers, we have given them to the local police and fire departments!

1 comment:

Artbyasm said...

Very Cool Michele! I am proud of you!