Thursday, December 16, 2010

Our anniversary...15 years...and more!



Whew...what a week it has been...



My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary! I cant believe 15 years came and went THAT fast! I mean, in some ways, I can remember every detail...even when we were dating....yet in others ways, there are so many loved ones that were there celebrating our new life together, that are not around anymore. Its so very sad. To me, 15 years is not that long...but then again...I have a 13 year old...and 7 other kids in those 15 years! We have been through more than most couples and love each other more than ever. If there is any blessing from the hard life that we have is that we are stronger as a couple. We know each other so much more. We know that life is precious and that we are in this together. We help each other when one cant, or just needs a break. We are there for each other. It was fate when we met and fate that brought us together. December 16th, we said those vow in front of God and our family and friends. It was the happiest time in my life. I was so excited to start a new life with you (even though we didn't really go on a honeymoon...well, Middleburg Hts Residents inn was perfect...minus the flu I got the next day...hahaha!) With all the similarities in our life, we have made our own beautiful family and memories. Sure we don't have much...but you know what? Its just enough. I love our life. I don't mind struggling a little when I know that it will eventually be worth it...and so far, it has! We have our love, our friendship, our devoted passion for each other that cracks me up sometimes...after all these years...after all these kids...


And now 15 years later, we had leftovers and spaghettio's for our anniversary dinner (until Andrea, my sister, saved us on Saturday), because of sick kiddos...stressful yes, especially not knowing if Kenny will be hospitalized yet again, but you know what? I love our life. I love what we have created. I love what we share and couldnt see it happen with anyone else.



OK...enough of the mushiness...


So its only 2 days before Christmas eve!!! I've baked...and baked...and they've eaten and eaten! So I guess its gonna be sugar cookies and more spritz cookies today and tomorrow...and hopefully we'll have enough for Santas big arrival on Friday night!




So last year, Kenny's Christmas gift to me was him walking! LOVED IT! This year...he has already started something new. He takes the dinner plates from the table and puts them into the sink! Yesterday I was loading the dishwasher when all of a sudden he come walking over to me with a dish and puts it IN the dishwasher! Yep...that was another "tear in the eye" moment! I cant believe that he is actually understanding things! He really know!! He really knows!!

No comments: