Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Still there!

Another day in the hospital...yesterday was a very long one...Kenny had his barium swallow study done...and from what they saw, no obstructions! YAY! Now to figure out what is going on with him and why he isn't eating...most likely psychological...which is very typical for micro preemies...from what I am told. It is very frustrating but at least we are starting to get a plan of attack in motion! He hates staying in his room...so he is either in a wagon being pushed around, sitting at the nurses station with the nurses, or in the play room...will NOT go into his crib! That's all I pretty much all I've got for now.
We are just exhausted in every sense of the word. Everything is out of whack around the Tomecko house. Tony has been trying to get his jobs done, I've been trying to keep up with the house and kids...but because Kenny has been at the hospital for a week now....going to spend time with him, making sure the other kids are alright...homework done, baths given, etc... there is no quality time for any of us. The Tomecko house has become a very stressed out, not enough hours in the day, trying to make time for everybody and everything...place! The laundry has piled up, everything is half done around here. We have to be here or there, do this or that...then worry about Kenny being by himself at the hospital when Tony or I leave...worry about the other kids and how they are coping with the stress...my mind is in a million places along with my heart!
I cant believe that Easter is this Sunday! Please do something nice for someone...a kind word, a kind gesture...show someone you care...it makes a world of difference!
Here are some pics from yesterday...

2 comments:

Marilynne said...

Don't worry about chores left undone. You are doing the best thing, taking care of Kenny and your other kids. So long as the house still functions, don't worry about it.

Hugs to you because you have such a tough road.

Tim said...

We are all praying for you Kenny. You hang in there, we know you will get through this. You are too much of a fighter.

Michele, if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Im sorry that I have been away for so long, but I had to take a break to spend more time with the family.

Love and Prayers as Always,

Tim