Friday, December 19, 2008

I can hear at last!

Today is the start of a new Kenny! He has gotten his hearing aids! It is going to be a slow "getting used to them" process because, all he wants to do now is rip those suckers right out of his ears! Soooo....what we are doing is one ear at a time. He seems fine with only one in...doesn't even know it is in, so we will be doing this until he starts to realize that they help him hear and are not just a toy to throw or bite! LOL! For the times that he has had one in his ear, he seems so much more aware of everything. It's like watching a small miracle unfold with him! I cant wait till he can keep them in both ears and starts to really take off, developmentally! He will definitely need them for life, but hey, a small price to pay to hear!

Thank you all for the prayers for Johnnie, they seem to be working. He should be getting out of the hospital tonight...hopefully. He has had a few rounds of antibiotics and he pretty much has to be away from all germs. He has some sort of infection of the bone marrow...or something like that. When I find out more, I will update. :)

We had our "BIG" snow storm last night through today...ummm...started off as snow, turned to rain...If anything, there was lots of slush...I was hoping that the last day of school would not get cancelled because of the ice that we were supposed to get...thank God it was just slush! I'll tell ya what though, the trees looked so pretty with the little ice that did form on the branches...

So now all the kids are off school for 2 whole weeks....I need ideas that will keep them busy...I actually need ideas that will keep me sane!!!

1 comment:

Jerla Oh lalala said...

aawww i was crying the whole time reading and watching the video... im so sorry that you went through a lot but i really am so proud of you because you are so brave. keep you little boy in my prayer...