Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary (but have been together for 19).
What 13 years does to a person and what happens in those 13 years!
In 13 years we:

bought a house
my husband started his own sign business
had 8 living children
had 2 miscarriages
had 1 child die
bought several cars (from a Toyota MR2, to a 4 door sedan to a minivan and finally a 12 passenger) LMBO!!!
seen several close family members and friends pass away
seen many, many family members and friends have children of their own
been on only a few vacations (but that's OK...were saving up for something big!)
and I became a stay at home mom.

Oh and the firsts...let me tell you...all the firsts that we experienced together:
Death of our child (I pray, no one should ever experience this one)
Our kids birthdays
the first day of school for them
redecorating our house/yard
oh my, I can go on and on...
Births...all preterm...out we were expecting again...and again...and again....etc.. including finding out we were expecting twins...
I remember how stunned we were when the tech told us that there were 2 in there!
Not many people approved of us having so many children, but we chose what God has blessed us with, not by what people have scolded us for.

We have been through more than what most couples go through. I am hoping that the worst of it is over though.

So, Tony...Happy Anniversary Honey. I love you more today than I did yesterday, and less than tomorrow! Thank you for weathering the storms that we have been through together...I know things have not come very easy for us, but I love you none-the-less.
Here's to the next 13!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish you many more years together and may every year be better than the previous.

Michele said...

Thank you very much Julie.