Thursday, July 26, 2007

Havent posted in a while....some updates


Okey dokey...here is the whole scoop. Kenny is off the ventilator and on C-PAP! He HATES IT. We still get to hold him...they just put the nasal cannula in at a higher oxygen level for us and take off the big ol' C-PAP tubes. He is beautiful (I know, I know....he is my son, so I'm allowed to say that!) LOL!!!
He still has the staph infection, but it is being treated with the antibiotics...to me, he doesnt look sick like the last time he had an infection, but...I'll take their word on it. They checked his eyes again, and he does have ROP (retinapathy of prematurity) in both eyes...different stages though. It works in, I think 5 stages...5 being the worst. He has stage 1 and stage 2...they are watching the eye with stage 2, because stage 3 is when they do the lazer surgery.
He has gained a ton of weight! My little guy is alreadly 3 lbs, 12 oz!!! WOO HOO!!!! Tony asked his nurse when he should be coming home, and she feels that a few more months should do the trick! It seems like such a long time to wait, but I'll wait as long as I have to, as long as he is healthy.
I never realized how all this is hitting me...I think I am going through some post pardom depression or something. I am so exhausted, and just blah. It feels like I had a miscarriage sometimes. Ya know....I never really experienced my "twin pregnancy". I buried a son and my other one is slowly making progress, but I have nothing here at home to show that we have a baby. No bassinett set up, no newborn diapers, no baby boy clothes...nothing. For almost 3 months, its been...got to go to the hospital...stay for an hour, then come home...and life continues. I have to admit, it is very trying.
On another note...I think I am done pumping. LOL! I have more than enough milk to feed everyone in ethiopia! LMBO!!! They are feeding him high calorie formula at the hospital, so what is the point of me pumping my boobs off! tee hee! So, I think...as of today....I am done pumping. (i think).
The other kids are doing great...Tony and Taylor just finished the baseball season...YEAY! Tony starts football the second week of August. He is SO looking forward to that!...And that is about it....I'll update ya soon.

No comments: